Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Sorry so long

Okay so a lot has been going on lately that I haven't even had time to read my emails let alone be blogging. This semester has been a roller coaster of emotion. I am feeling constantly behind and yet I am keeping up. Strange. My nephew passed away on Jan. 19 and so there were a lot of tears spilt, but because of the gospel I know that I will see him again. School looms on with tests coming up and trying to remember everything I have been learning in those classes. On Sunday Feb. 1 my cousin passed away. My heart goes out to her close family since I am not able to go there myself. She was sick for a long time and now her suffering is over. Over this last weekend I was watching my sister (Monica's) kids. I tell you what she has got to be one amazing woman to be able to keep up with those five kids. I was wore out. I knew that since Kellen was in Arco with Jet that i would not be able to handle five kids that were not mine by myself so I loaded them up in Monica's van and we went to my mom's who offered to help me through the weekend. It was also my nephew Seth's baptism that Saturday and I knew the kids all wanted to see him. Seth was very brave because he is scared of the water, but they got it on the first try because he trusted his dad to pull him back up out of the water. All the nieces and nephews crowded around the front to watch and one girl was so excitedshe was laughing afterward and another little boy told her not to laugh because Seth was supposed to get wet. All the adults that heard that comment laughed, because it was true. I headed back to Monica's house Saturday night, because Kellen was coming back with my Jet ( I hadn't seen her in a week) So we all stayed at Monica's mostly because there wasn't room in our apartment and we figured the kids would be easier to care for in there own house. Well I don't think Kellen or I got any sleep. We had three kids in diapers all needing a change in the middle of the night. Juliet was freaked out and was having a hard time calming down to sleep. She also was pooping all the time. We ran out of diapers for her and luckily her and Hunter (who is almost 2 years old) are wearing size 5 diapers and so we had to use some of his because as we discovered the next day we really were out of diapers at our house and in the diaper bag. I made a fast run to the store. Now we have lots of diapers. So back to at Monica's Juliet's teddy bear was a major security blanket and so was Kellen. She was so happy to she me, but was not happy that she was having to share me with the other kids. She ended up sleeping with us. I think she was also a little bit cold and so that was keeping her awake. So now we are home and Juliet is sooooo happy to be in her own house and with both her parents and in her own bed.(still has to have her bear, but that's okay I really like the bear)
Kellen and I have been really good and have filed our taxes. We still have to mail off the state taxes, but are excited to see that money. We are pretty sure that with our tax returns we are going to be able to pay off one of our loans, which is very exciting. The best part is that I think we will have a little bit of money after that and so now we are trying to decide what other loan we should put it towards. Anyway that is about all that I got for now. Until I have some time again. I have no extra time it seems.

3 comments:

Camille said...

yeah, those kids can be a little exhausting and now I have a whole new respect for Monica. She really is wonder woman!

Jon Woodins said...

oh no I'm not! Our mom is wonder woman!

Kara D. said...

Do you mind me asking about your relatives that passed away? You don't have to, but since you mentioned them I am naturally curious. I know what you mean about feeling behind in school. I'm the same way. I hope things get back together for you!