Wednesday, December 10, 2008

What is DEAD WEEK?

Okay so it is supposedly dead week at school, but that doesn't mean that you have nothing to do. I think I have finally figured out whaty dead week means. You die trying to get all the assignments that your teachers have cleverly made due during dead week. and thus you are dead tired, a dead wreck, and dead mad at the school for all the little stuff the teachers require you to do. I am just stressed a little bit. Kellen was layed off yesterday and even though we will sail through it fine, it is a little stressful when it is right before Christmas. Don't worry, we'll be fine. Maybe I need a soak in a hot tub *wink, wink, Monica* to help me just be calm. I also have to present a project that I have been doing for my GIS class and I always get nervous when I have to speak in front of people. Gotta go, but I figured it would be good if I updated my blog. Maybe next time I'll put up a picture of my Christmas tree, It is sooooo cute. TTFN

2 comments:

Camille said...

I am so glad I am done with Dead and Finals Week! Ha ha! Just remember, you are one more semester closer to graduating and it will be Christmas soon!

Kara D. said...

We discussed this in my Institute class today. Apparently, "dead week" does not exist at ISU. Like you said, dead week means that nothing is due, no tests are given, and no new information is taught. Let me tell you what, ISU fails on every single one of those counts, and to be honest with you, I'm pretty sure they don't care. They'll just cram as much into a semester as they can.
I am sorry to hear about Kellen's job, but I am so happy to see your optimism that you don't seem to be the least bit worried about it. I know that if Jared got laid off, it would definitely hurt us bad and we would probably have to move in with somebody, because there would be no way we would survive without his paycheck. But I know, like you, that if something like that did happen, we would make it through. Kudos to you and your optimism!