Monday, December 1, 2008

Eat and Eat

Well Thanksgiving is past, but I ate my fill to ensure that I ate my fair share of food. We spent Thanksgiving at Kellen's parents and while us girls were home cooking, all the boys were up helping Jake (Kellen's older brother) put up his house. He is trying to get the roof on it before it snows. I am not sure he will make it, but so far the weather has been really good. Some of the boys weren't too happy to have to work on the house for Thanksgiving, but as a family we all helped out and Jake's house is much further along than it would have been if they hadn't helped. There was tons of pie because mom made 1 cherry, 2 banana cream, Laura made 2apple and I made 3pumpkin pies. OHHHH they wer all delicious. Mom didn't realize that I was making more than one pie and asked if I could just make one. I told her it was my mom's recipe and that you couldn't size it down. She was worried that we would have to take the pie home cause it wouldn't all get eaten. I was said that it was okay if we took some home, because I would eat it all myself. Well I am happy to report that it did all get eaten and was good! I did my share on the pies too.

Now we are back in Pocatello and I have to go to school, :( I'll get through. Kellen's friend Dan who is getting married on the 13th is staying with us for two weeks. He got a job here for those two weeks and asked if he could stay with us. He figures it would be good to earn a few more bucks before the big day and to be separate from his honey so temptation has no sway. I think he thinks this is good because Kellen told him that that was how it was for us and we would do it that way again if we got to choose again. Kellen and I tease that Dan is our boy, because we take care of him so much. I am sooooooo excited that he is getting married. It helps me to not get so down with school because I have their wedding to look forward to the weekend before finals. Well that is all I got for now. TTFN

No comments: